Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Still blogging

No I have not broken all my fingers rendering me incapable of typing or decided to give up on blogging. I have, in short, just been too busy. Getting home after 12:00 at night does not really make for good blogging.

So, the kids are on holiday, mid term break and slept over at my parents last night. This is why I can sit down and type, they are not home yet.

Our friend Tracy had his birthday yesterday, and a group of our friends went out for dinner at his favorite Thai restaurant. It did unfortunately not go down too well with most of the friends. They seem to prefer steak to Thai food. I actually felt rather sorry for him, cause some of them were rather vocal about their dislike. Sometimes I can't understand people. I mean, it's his birthday, just pretend you are having a good time, rather than hurt the poor guy's feelings.

I think my poor mother is going to sleep like the dead tonight, she's had all 3 her grand kids for the past 2 days and they can be quite a handful. She is very good with them though, she keeps coming up with things for them to do. She's gotten them to cut out pictures and stick it on mugs. It's their little project. They also paint, and play hot potato/cold coffee and other games from when she was little. Rourke is also picking up more and more Afrikaans. At home he even tells me certain things in Afrikaans.

I am still working the shift from hell. I really hope I'll do something else next week cause 4 weeks on this shift is enough to kill anyone. Also, getting up this early is HORRIBLE! At least, I don't have to take the kids to school this week so there is less of a rush in the morning.

Not much else going on. Better go check up on supper as the kids will be home any moment.

No comments: