Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Have to set the alarm tonight

I overslept this morning, and not just by a couple of min by ages!

I woke up to Riley calling me "mommy your phone" it was my mom sending me a text message telling me to send the kids pj's with them this afternoon and what a good thing she did too. It was 7:35 which is 5 min after I should have left for work!!! Nightmare!

I fell asleep on the couch before 9 o clock last night, evidently I woke up at some stage and moved to the bed and was still there looong after I should have been up. I was still planning on packing the lunch boxes so this morning before I flew out the door I made a couple of sandwiches (which came back home) and had Brad shouting at me to go, he would sort out the kids.

I got to work only 5 min late, unbelievable!

I ended up walking home tonight as well. Someone had jumped in front of the metro so it was not running, as there are no buses running in the direction of our house I had to walk. Good think I was wearing "flat and sensible shoes" nawh I was wearing cowboy boots but at least they are relatively flat. Then I ended up walking from our house to my mom's cause my dad arrived tonight and we were going to have supper together.

The kids were totally besides themselves to see my dad. They were shouting in jumping and wanting to go play, (poor man just got off the plane and already he has to perform). One thing is sure my mom is really glad to have him here.

And now for the big, no huge confession, on Friday, I'm going to be OLD! and I really really really don't want to be. What is a girl to do?

1 comment:

Char said...

Just as well you had a good long sleep too... sicko's (and I mean that in the lovey-dovey sick person way, not the wacko weirdo way) need their rest!!! :o) Hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry pair we are, huh?