Thursday, October 18, 2007

Feeling all sorry for myself

I've been joking about not getting up on my birthday this year, hoping that it would mean that it just is not happening. Well it turns out I was right. I am sick and it's horrible. I mean it's one thing to stay in bed cause you just want to bunk of work (not that I ever do that) but to really be sick on your birthday just sucks in a major way. I'm feeling rather sorry for myself too.

I went and saw the Dr. today and got an antibiotic and some painkillers and was booked off for the rest of today and tomorrow. (I'm sure my boss is loving me)

Now I really need to get better cause on Saturday night we having dinner with about 20 of our friends before the rugby game (it's the final and we are all hoping that the Springboks kick some English butt), and then there is a huge party afterwards with this really cool band playing. So, I really can't afford to still be feeling sick and sorry for myself.

O what's wrong with me? Well it's a throat infection (but only on the one side of my throat). I know it doesn't sound that bad but it involves ear ache and not being able to swallow, a generally sore body and cold chills too. So, I'm not suffering from some life threatening illness but I'm still feeling miserable and that on the eve of my birthday...poor me

Here's to hoping that I wake up in the morning feeling fresh as a daisy (a young one) and without a sore throat. (a girl can wish can't she? if only I could wish my age away too.

2 comments:

Marshamlow said...

Oh, I do hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am pleased to meet you.

Char said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday you old fossil...
Happy birthday to you!

Hello there my fave crazy daisy! Here's wishing you feel like a real spring chicken on your birthday today. I'm missing you and thinking of you and wishing we could enjoy a cappuccino together somewhere exotic... like, say, um, the French Riviera. Or Italy. Someplace where kitties don't get sick, and where body parts actually work the way they should, and where cake doesn't make fat. Ugghhh... I agree - a girl can wish, can't she?
Speaking of wishes... wishing I could phone you to wish you a happy bday. But in the absence of working telephones here on the plaas, here's wishing you a WONDERFUL day and that you are spoiled totally vrotten.
Love you
me x