Monday, October 15, 2007

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Where to start? I am thrilled about the rugby score from last night South Africa 37 Argentina 13. It's off to the final on Saturday night and I am hoping for a big score against England. Ok, enough about the rugby cause I know not all of you get it.

I'm working the early shift this week so I get off at 4 rather than 6:30. Brad's got a friends car for the week so he and the kids picked me up from work and we went shopping. Now, unless you don't have a car and have to pull (you know in one of those little granny shopping trolleys), or carry all your shopping home, you will not get this, but this is really something. It means that we can buy more than just the essentials. Also, Brad took me shopping in this huge mall where I've never been before. O' to be able to wander down the broad isle of a shopping centre again. And I got a vacuum cleaner! I know it's not something most people get excited about but when you're starting over again it's great to get one of those little essential things which makes life just a little bit easier.

We really want to move outside of Brussels and think we may have found our dream house. It's a run down house in a tiny village about 24 km outside of Brussels. It's a real fixer-upper and is just perfect for us. Now we have to find out about a home loan and whether we would actually be able to afford it. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Char said...

Oh my word! You're buying a FIXER UPPER????? Are you friggin mad??? :o) Just kidding. Take it from someone who knows: make sure your plumbing works BEFORE you move in. And that your toilet flushes. Oh, and that there's a real water connection for the washing machine. Oh, and have I mentioned a roof that doesn't leak? Just checking. ;o) Love ya!