Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Dressed for Dinner

I wasn't planning on writing 2 blogs in a row but my darling daughter has driven me to it.

My mom is off to Ireland for her friends brothers wedding & my brother and his wife are expecting their 2nd baby any day now so we have decided to go out for dinner (despite being on diet).

Dinner is about 3 hours from now & she's busy getting dressed.

Have I ever told you that my Riley has a flair for the dramatic? Well, as a friend described her the other day, Riley is a bit of a Prima Donna. (which is very true, only I have no idea who she gets it from).

So, out she comes having put on a flower girl dress, she wore to her uncle's wedding 2½ years ago. Only, she's gone through a growth spurt recently so it was very tight. She also informed me that she was planning on wearing her mask (she made it at school & is, true to her style, very elaborate).

My daughter is very annoyed with me now, lying here next to me on the bed in a pair of jeans & a lovely purple knit top. So much better suited to Pablo's (the Mexican restaurant we are going to tonight).

1 comment:

Char said...

I wondered if you were going to mention food again in your new post, and sure enough there it was - in the last line! haha. Pablos! haha! You're too funny.