Saturday, March 14, 2009

The joy of cleaning


I don't know how many of you have tried and succeeded in getting your kids to tidy up. My kids don't particularly like doing it and every time I decree it to be cleaning/tidying day I'm greeted by moans and whining that would impress just about anyone. Then after my usual threads of no playing Mario Kart (Rourke's favorite game to play on the wii) and no more going out to the horses (Riley's favorite thing to do) they sort of give in with somewhat bad grace.... o the joys of having kids :-)

I must say that once they start cleaning they really get into it and I have to watch out as Riley will try to use the dish cloth to wash anything from the floor to the van. For some strange reason Riley wants to wash the car all the time. Now, it may sound like a good idea but when you see what she does you'll understand why we object. Imagine this: big van, little girl and a wet cloth that's all folks she wets the cloth and wipes the bottom of the van with it .... not a pretty picture.

Rourke likes to have things ordered, when cleaning his room he will line everything up on the floor all along the walls of his room, in single file. Pens, cars books soft toys paper.... you name it. .

Another thing they love to clean is the bathroom wall. They love to use their face cloths and bath gel to "wash" the wall. I mean we all know how dirty the wall gets.

So Rourke was washing the wall the other night and then moved on to other things. I found him in the bathroom washing the floor....

No comments: