Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays are over.

Well that's it folks the holidays are over, ok we still have the weekend but today is the last work/school day that we are off. It's hard to believe how quickly the past 2 weeks have passed. We've got some friends/family coming to stay over for the weekend, meaning it will be a busy one.

We didn't do anything special or go anywhere special. Brad was working up until the 24th and went back to work on the 27th. At least he's been off a couple of days (went back to work today). It's been really cold here, in fact I'm watching snowflake's gently fall down to the earth at the moment. So we did what should be done during cold winter days....we slept and watched tv and drank coffee (no don't worry didn't give the kids any of that). We did have a great New Years party at The Bok, only got home after 7 yesterday morning. My parents went out for the day so we played tag watching the kids for ½ the day while the other one/two (Cliff is still visiting us) slept.

There has been one big change to our family though, we got a dog.(photo's to follow later) She's a boxer puppy named Lulu (Riley picked the name). Lulu loves Rourke and follows him everywhere, they spend ages running around the house chasing each other. Riley loves her in theory, but only when she's sleeping and not chewing her papers.

O'Mally is not to sure about this new addition and is dealing with it by staying upstairs sleeping in my room most of the day. Only to come down at night since the puppy has to sleep in our room. I feel as though I've got another child in the house what with having to get up and take her out several times a night.

Monday morning will be back to usual, getting up way too early

1 comment:

Char said...

You are way too funny Jo!!! I love how you said that Riley loves the dog in theory! Sounds a bit like me. I love the IDEA of a dog. But I'd happily let the cats sit on my eyelashes if they wanted to. c",)