Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting Settled

Wow what a week, we moved all our stuff (and you would not believe how much stuff we have) into the new house in the rain and snow. Let me tell you it's not the best weather for moving house. However, I have the worlds greatest husband who worked his tail off to get us into the house by Saturday night despite having to work at the pub as well. So last Sunday my mom (who's a god sent) and I started the huge job of unpacking and finding a spot for everything.

Now it's Saturday night and we have a fire blazing, furniture to sit on, my computer up and running and the boxes, well all I can say is "out of sight out of mind" . That is until I need something in one of those boxes....but a girl needs some down time too.

It's great having all this extra space but believe it or not, I'm finding myself thinking that we should have gotten a bigger house. I know, crazy. I've gone from living in a 2 bedroom apartment with a tiny kitchen to a huge old farm house with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, a huge kitchen and laundry you'd think that we'd have ample space for all our stuff.

But I'm starting to get cold and the fire and beckoning so I'll have to tell you more about the house some other time.

1 comment:

Char said...

Rather you than me! I know the 'moving from a small house to a big house' feeling and it aint all it's cracked up to be. Bigger, older houses have less cupboard space than smaller newer homes. And bigger house = more maintenance. BUT, let's face it, having a bigger house is definitely nicer than a pokey one. Specially with kids. Enjoy!